Subject: [Leica] A Cold Day By The Shore
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Fri Feb 9 21:22:01 2007

> Not as cold in the Boston area as yesterday but the wind made the 22F
> feel like 5F. It was so cold that I was shaking like Ryan O'Neal at a
> family reunion!
>
> I put my early '60s 200mm Tele-Takumar, the one with a zillion aperture
> blades, onto the isDS today and took a ride to Hull.
>
> Going over the Fore River Bridge, I saw a small tanker coming in so I
> took a few pics of it, along  with my childhood beach before continuing
> to Hull and Cohasset.
>
> <http://www.hemenway.com/ColdDayShore-02092007/index.htm#14>
>
> I had only the 200mm for the isDS, so as seen with the small tanker, I
> was limited to shooting it in sections.
>
> Whaddya think?

Jim,
my first impression is that the 200mm has compressed some of the scenes
too much and confused the subject: this I think is true for the tanker
images, but I love the effect on some especially: 7: 9; and 11. Here the
perspective has really added to the scene selection. They all look like
good records of a fun day

Cheers

Alastair

Replies: Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] A Cold Day By The Shore)