Subject: [Leica] not entirely OT: the recurrent dilemma
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Sat Feb 10 14:18:09 2007

Hi Philippe,

I'm not very attracted for the digital and I'm classical mad, in other
words, actually I only know the Leica and Rolleiflex TLR, for me digital is
attractive as a complement and for me it has the following inconvenients: On
Leica I would prefer the format 1:1, you are dependend of the batteries and
of the technoly that changes very fast, when you shot you should thinking
before which kind of image do you want to use finally depending if you
enlarge or not, printing B&W gives not a tonal range as the chemical process
(I'm sorry I never say analogue, IMO this word can be applied on other
processes, but not on photography). The advantage of digital is that you
have onky one camera (Color & B&W) and you can shoot every picture at a
different sensibility.

I don't know anything about the 5D, I only see the Nathan's pictures and the
optics looks very great.

I don't know which is your outfit..., but I would try to keep the classical,
I'm very happy with my 2 35mm lenses one Summicron 4th generation and the
Summilux pre-ASPH, both are really compact and this is what I like.

I hope with my opinion not give you more troubles

Saludos cordiales
Luis