Subject: [Leica] Appleture vs Lightleak
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Feb 13 08:20:40 2007

On 2/13/07 11:01 AM, "Dave Mason" <leica@dmason.net> typed:

> Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> writes:
>

>> I'm not anticipating that APPLE would come out with a product which is not
>> going to work on the predominance of their customers computers. Make them
>> frustrated with their hardware which they just bought from them.
>>
>> I don't think they think you'd think you'd need to have a supercomputer in
>> an clean ice room to sort your slides.
>

> Well, actually when Aperture first came out they were quite clear that
> there were many machines in which the program would not run (including
> my then powerbook G4 1Ghz machine) - they even had a small "app" you
> could download to test your machine and see if it would support
> it. So, despite their usual practices, aperture is not going to work
> on any ol' Mac.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Dave

Sorry I seem to have trouble separating Apple from a
Adobe.
Both are red and start with a A.
Both make vitally important software for me. (I've been Filemaker compulsive
for decades, used to get the newsletter as in in the mail before the
internet)

I should have learned my lesson last week after I walked many blocks in ice
cold to get to the Apple store on 5th avenue. Told the person (notice how
i'm gender non specific!) I'd like a copy of Lightware if they had any left.
She said she never heard of it.
I'd thought it was made by apple and that the place to surely get it would
be the Apple store. But stocking Adobe products are not the very top
priority on their list when it comes to one that would compete against their
Aperture. I bet they call it "Lightleak".
And one which hadn't come out yet.
So I had several strikes against me on that trip.

I think its Appleture vs Lightleak

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY
40?47'59.79"N