Subject: [Leica] Recent Lightroom buyers...
From: leica at dmason.net (Dave Mason)
Date: Tue Feb 13 08:01:22 2007

Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> writes:

> I'm not anticipating that APPLE would come out with a product which is not
> going to work on the predominance of their customers computers. Make them
> frustrated with their hardware which they just bought from them.
>
> I don't think they think you'd think you'd need to have a supercomputer in
> an clean ice room to sort your slides.

Well, actually when Aperture first came out they were quite clear that
there were many machines in which the program would not run (including
my then powerbook G4 1Ghz machine) - they even had a small "app" you
could download to test your machine and see if it would support
it. So, despite their usual practices, aperture is not going to work
on any ol' Mac.

Cheers,

Dave

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Appleture vs Lightleak)