Subject: [Leica] Re: Analog Man Needs More Help!!
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Tue Feb 13 15:52:11 2007

When I got frustrated with both my web-space provider as well as my URL name
provide, I told both to go to hell and just went with Homestead. I also got
incredibly pissed off at Microsoft when, after a hard drive crash, they
would not let me reinstall Front Page again. I would be required to buy a
new program since my first one had already been installed(!). With
Homestead, you have the URL provider, web server provider, and software all
in one spot.

If you keep your image sizes reasonable (I used 750 pixels on the horizontal
axis), the resolution will not be enough to make them commercially useful
for prints. I think that having a watermarked name across the print detracts
from it so badly, you end up spoiling the whole reason for posting it.

Making pages to accommodate prints along with navigation buttons and a
thumbnails page is very simple. If you try to use Dreamweaver and Fireworks
to do it, you'll go nuts.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com