Subject: [Leica] Mac question
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Sat Feb 17 09:15:48 2007

Brian Reid wrote:
>Apple does not void the warranty if you use un-approved software. That sign
was probably put there by some unhappy CompUSA employee. This is an urban
legend.

Thanks, Brian (and everyone else who responded).  This makes me really
curious.  The sign surprised me because at one time CompUSA was recommending
Bootcamp.  So I asked the service manager guy and he said, and I quote,
"It's third-party software so it voids your warranty".  So I asked him,
"Then how do you run Windows on a Mac?"  He said, "With a double boot
system."  Didn't make sense to me and still doesn't.  Isn't Windows third
party software on a Mac?

As for myself, I use XP on a Gateway and Vista on an Acer laptop so it
really doesn't matter, but something is wrong with that picture.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE