Subject: [Leica] URGENT IIIf advice sought
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sun Feb 18 07:09:45 2007

Peter,

The IIIf rewind button attaches to a post which moves up and down
like a piston. The post is grooved the whole way and has a screw, in
a collar below the knob, which rides in the grove. I think what can
happen is either dirt in the groove preventing it from pulling out or
the collar screw is binding the groove. The only thing I can think of
is to take off the bottom camera cover and drop in a film spool.
While holding the spool gently wind/rewind the rewind button and see
if that frees it up.

Good Luck,
Len