Subject: [Leica] HK-made magnifiers for Leica
From: alex at zabrovsky.com (Alex)
Date: Sun Feb 18 11:30:44 2007

Just recieved my x1.25 and x0.85 magnifiers - Leica clones, made in HK.
I do not own and have never seen the original one by Leica, no cannot
compare directly, however jst my personal opinion;
Well made, tough feeling overall. Optics appears to be clear and coated.
What bothers me is that there is very short threading in my M6 eyepiece
so the magnifier is hard to fit on threading, and once done there is
very short move to fix in (about half revolution or even less). That
doesn't feel reassuring I suspect the maginfier can be prone to be lost
because of that.
I'd like to hear user's opinion about both Leica original and HK
magnifiers - do you also experience the issue of such loosy mount into
the eyepiece ? (well, once fixed it doesn't wobble, but such short
threading makes me a bit nervious...) Is that OK ?
Recently I acquired a softie and it apparently came loose in the release
button also due to very short threading and got lost withint just over 1
week or being on the camera. This is why my suspicion has raised
regarding the magnifier...

Regards, Alex

Replies: Reply from bernardofeio at yahoo.com.br (bernardo feio) ([Leica] M8 candy)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] HK-made magnifiers for Leica)