Subject: [Leica] OT - my PC's hard drive space - HELP
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Mon Feb 19 07:24:33 2007

At work, I have a 120 gb hard drive. Last week, the PC told me that I was
nearly out of hard drive space (!) and to remove some programs to free up
space. My Computer reported about 100 mb of free space. I uninstalled a
bunch of programs that I never use. My reported space was 450mb! I
uninstalled programs that I do use but could do without. My reported
space...430mb!

Does Google Desktop eat available space? The only way I can imagine that
119.5 gb are still occupied is if Google Desktop is indexing everything and
using up space for that index. I suppose that Windows can be using it as
scratch drive space, but now I couldn't have much more than 40gb of programs
that seem to be using up 119.5 gb of hard drive space.

Is there a utility out there that will tell me what's going on here?

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com
http://400tx.blogspot.com/