Subject: [Leica] OT - my PC's hard drive space - HELP
From: jeffmatsler at amaonline.com (Jeff Matsler)
Date: Mon Feb 19 07:38:13 2007

Jeff,

I had a problem a year or two ago because of Google software.  A friend of
mine came over and was talking about Picasa and what a great application it
was.  Downloaded it to show me.  I didn't use it (got PSCS), but didn't
delete it.  A few months later, my laptop started telling me that it was out
of memory - similar issue to what you report.

Come to find out that Picasa was backing itself up and making a copy of
EVERY picture on the hard drive in each backup file.  Once I found the cache
of files and deleted them, and turned off the feature on Picasa, things were
fine.

I have no idea whether that's what happening on your computer, but in
regards to Google: I have been very hesitant to download their software ever
since.

Jeff M
Amarillo, Tx