Subject: [Leica] Best camera deal you (personally) have ever
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Mon Feb 19 07:30:13 2007

I'd guess the best deal I got was several years ago.  I was looking for
a new enlarger and mentioned this to the owner of the lab that processed
all of my chrome.  They said wait, come back tomorrow.  So the next day
when I picked up my film they told me they'd sell me a Saunders 4x5
enlarger, color head, VCCE B&W head and a 4x5 camera with a schneider
lens all for $600.

These folks were very smart and always were on the cutting edge of
stuff, about a year later they sold all of their lab equipment and began
a new business.  Back then almost everyone was still film based so they
sold the processors at a fair price and everything...The lab that I now
use still uses their old processor, but they are back to 3 days a week
on chrome.

Oh and the people that used to own the enlarger and lab?  They have a
custom made bus and travel the country shooting car shows and chroma
keying in the cars into cool backgrounds, printing huge prints and
selling them on the spot.  Neat people.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography