Subject: [Leica] Working with the M8--- Not Given the Chance
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Feb 19 19:06:40 2007

Jerry,
So that individual valued the DMR at about 4100 to 4200.  Still, not a lot
of depreciation.  In the Leica universe the R system was always the poor
sister to the M.  Assuming these puppies don't self destruct at 2000 clicks
or ZI doesn't come up with a similar/better product for 3K I don't see much
depreciation with the M8.  Unlike the earlier M's there really isn't any
backlog of used options.  For an M6 there were all those M3's, M2's, M4's,
M5's, SP's, 7's, and who knows whether a LTM might appeal.  But if you want
the workflow of digital and you really appreciate what a rangefinder can do
you have two choices now.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com