Subject: [Leica] More M8 Pictures from Hong Kong
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Thu Feb 22 06:14:54 2007

Hello Luggers,
It was cloudy and a bit rainy in Hong Kong today but I was still out
and about with my M8 and my old style (1965) 50mm Summilux.
Here are a few pictures: This is the first time I have tried to use
tiny urls. I hope they work.

1. At Cheung Sha beach near our house a man and his dog were trying
their luck at fishing late in the afternoon. They didn't catch
anything while I was there.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hong+Kong+Pix/
FerrydogFmanWS.jpg.html>

<http://tinyurl.com/2ukecq>

2. Another view of the fisherman.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hong+Kong+Pix/
FishermanCheungShaWS.jpg.html>

<http://tinyurl.com/2jbdm5>

3. I took the ferry into Central to run some errands and noticed that
the rickshaws which used to be for sale at the old Star ferry pier
(now sadly demolished to make way for another shopping center and a
bigger highway) are now lined up for sale at the replacement pier.
Models like this have been on sale for several years. I suspect the
sellers have a warehouse of them stashed away some where. Or perhaps
no one ever buys one?

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hong+Kong+Pix/
RickshawSaleWS.jpg.html>

<http://tinyurl.com/34e6zr>

All pictures were shot in DNG and developed in Silky Pix according to
my usual formula. A question - I noticed some dust spots on some of
the pictures taken with the M8 in the last few days and I have used a
blower to try and clean the sensor. I note by looking at today's
pictures that I was not completely successful in removing all the
dust particles. Any body have any experience with using some of the
cleaning kits which are available. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Cheers
Howard (in Hong Kong)

Replies: Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] More M8 Pictures from Hong Kong)