Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Any 28mm shooters out there? Any with the f2.0 ASPH 28mm?
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Thu Feb 22 11:44:22 2007

I have a Leica 28 elmarit.  I am not sure of the version, what is the
current elmarit?  Mine was current when I bought it in the late 90's, am
not sure if a new one has come out since.  Mine is the smaller elmarit
with the flat front element.

As far as this lens goes, it is one of my favorite lenses, well...all my
M lenses are among my favorite lenses. :)  Anyway this lens has
excellent performance to me and delivers great images.  I use it on both
M6es, when it is on the .85 I just use the full viewfinder area as my
framing reference.

Between the 28 and the 35, not a lot of difference, but if I had to have
just one I'd get the 28 as I like a wide perspective....but then the 35
summicron is one sweet lens also. Guess that is why I have both.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography