Subject: [Leica] [IMG] Adolescence pains & Vaccination day
From: eduardoalbesi at ciudad.com.ar (Eduardo Albesi)
Date: Sat Feb 24 06:03:02 2007

Two new galleries:

First gallery, a sequence shot through a crisis expertly handled and
delicately led to a happy, heart-warming ending. Maria B is next to
turn 14, summer's ending, friendships turn into strange new feelings
and existence is not anymore what it used to be. But, as they say,
nothing nurtures as Mom's Embrace :-)
http://www.sololeicas.com/galleries/adolescence/

Second gallery shows the aftermath of a vaccination day. BCG
vaccination is compulsory for all kids with Mantoux negative
reactions before starting Elementary school in Argentina to prevent
TB spread. Valentina got her second dose this week, as school starts
again on next Monday after the southern summer vacations. Recurrent
fever spikes and a short malaise period are not that uncommon in the
few days after the shot, but Brave Valentina faces them with high
spirits. Anyway, I fear this gallery will grow in the next few days.
http://www.sololeicas.com/galleries/bcg_day/

Both galleries were with the M8 and 35/2 pre-asph. ISO 640 the first
one and ISO 1250 the second. DNGs developed and converted to BW in
Lightroom 1.0. I am struggling to get correct colours from anything
shot in our living room. There, light sources are tungsten and quartz
halogen lamps and the walls are a combination of green and light
beige paintworks. A nightmarish colour situation to balance for any
DSLR I have had, be it Nikon, Canon or Olympus. The M8's
temperamental AWB was no exception, so BW was the natural choice.

I will appreciate any comments and suggestions. Thanks for looking

Ed Albesi

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] [IMG] Adolescence pains & Vaccination day)
Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] [IMG] Adolescence pains & Vaccination day)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] [IMG] Adolescence pains & Vaccination day)