Subject: [Leica] shrimphaters
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Feb 25 13:09:07 2007

I read an article by Martin Buber on ancient Jewish culture concerning the
Kosher issue in a definitive journal in the 60's. Playboy

He said that why something is Kosher isn't really health laws. Its
economics. He says Pork will give you lock jaw and that hurts.
Beef will kill you dead in 101 ways.
He says Beef takes less water to raise than Pork.
The Jews had less water than the tribe down the hill by the water with all
the pigs.
So they'd have to buy their Pork from those guys.
Bad Tribal economics. As there is such a thing.

Don't complain to me complain to Martin Buber.
Probably channeling on MartinBuber.com.

(turns out there is one)

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s