Subject: [Leica] Working with the M8--- Not Given the Chance
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Wed Feb 28 20:25:59 2007

On 28/02/2007, at 11:00, grduprey@mchsi.com wrote:

> Hi Alastair,
>
> Good to hear the replacement is working ok.  I just got my UV/IR
> filters, that I ordered locally today.  However since I have not
> seen the magenta effect that much, I'm wondering if I should just
> stuff them into the bag and wait for the need, or just put them on
> the lenses.  They do have an interesting tint from the side, but
> from straight on no tint.  I still find myself worrying about
> shooting to much 'Film', so have not fallen to the digital shoot
> wildly syndrome.  ;-)  I do need to shoot more though, If this
> weather will only clear up so I can go outside.  But we are
> expecting another big storm starting sometime tomorrow.
>
> Gene

Gene, I would suggest trying images with them on and off: I think you
will find a difference even in daylight images BUT of course the
software "adjusts" the images to even out the effect. My M8 images
when opened in Lightroom etc correct some of the warmth seen in the
images. The filters should go on INDOORS and AFTERHOURS: see

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alastair/album184/Images+from+the+M8/
L1000267.jpg.html

Cheers

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Working with the M8--- Not Given the Chance)