Subject: [Leica] Possible Lumix and Oly Bargains; CompUSA Closing Stores
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw)
Date: Thu Mar 1 07:57:18 2007

Last week CompUSA announced they were closing something like 160 stores
in the US.

I services this chain, along with Best Buy, Circuit City and Wal Mart.

On a visit to a nearby ComUSA, and employee told me that all 4 stores
in Washington state are closing, and that they are now working for the
liquidators, rearranging merchandise for close out pricing.

If you've been toying with picking up any of the Lumix cameras (except
- I think - the PanaDigilux), or the Oly 300 or 500, you might want to
drop by and check the schedule and discounts until they close their
doors.  Same goes of course for Canon, Sony, Kodak, etc. etc.

They also handle Apple - seldom on sale.

Sorry to see this happen.  They seem to be more techhie-oriented and
had more "useful" merchandise.

Also, on the Oly 500, I posted a "Was" messae earlier about Costco USA
selling the Oly 500 20lens kit for around $ 700.00, which might be
better than any deal at CompUSA.

Regards,

Bob