Subject: [Leica] Did any of you use the M4-2 winder?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Mar 1 10:37:40 2007

I have the current winder with the built in grip and the one before that.
Sometimes called the m6 winder. Which is a monster in comparison. But still
usable.
The one before THAT was the M4-2 winder.
Which I was told to avoid when I got my first one, the m6 winder.
But the differences between the two may really be minimal.

The "kick" is more controlled with every version. You get used to it. Its
not a Nikon FM with a MD-12. Its not an SLR.

I like the winders. I could be the M4-2 winder is too rough around the edges
I don't know.

But this is a thing which is all about buying stuff quick on eBay and THEN
checking it out later.
After you've "won" it.
And I think Vic knows that.
As he's trying to kick the habit this year. A real problem for many of us
who don't even think to try to kick it.

This whole thing is not about photography.
But a new kind of impulsive acquisitional gaming behavior which eBay fosters
in us. As far as I go its very anti photography.

If we didn't have that eBay window open all the time going off to the side
of our monitor and spending all that time on it maybe we'd have time to run
our own film.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY