Subject: [Leica] Exposure and Development
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Thu Mar 1 14:01:13 2007

W. Eugene Smith taught me a fantastic way of putting this together.....

Expose for the shadows .......Develop for the highlights...

Processing has little or no effect on shadow detail but is the cats meow
in terms of highlights..... While Ansel made almost exclusive use of the
reflected meter most pros today can be seen reading the scale on a
Minolta incident meter. When talking about the effects of exposure and
development on film it's better to use "dense" and "thin". Best way to
get a grip on all this is to practice. Next time you find yourself
lusting after  a new lens buy film instead.

Walt

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Exposure and Development)
Message from michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] Exposure and Development)