Subject: [Leica] Exposure and Development
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Thu Mar 1 14:21:19 2007

I made a rather sobering discovery a few weeks ago. I was using a Nikon RF
which, of course, has no meter. So I used a Gossen digital light meter and
used ambient readings rather than reflective readings. The exposure in most
of the frames was right on the money, much better than my usual TTL
reflected light frames. This made me want to use a handheld meter and blow
off the in-camera meter.

Last night, I watched "War Photographer" again, and saw (for the first time,
although I've watched it several times) Nachtwey pulling out a Gossen
digital meter and taking readings of ambient light while using a Canon
auto-everything SLR. So, I'm going to brave it with a Leica M3 or M4 and
ambient light readings for a few weeks to see if I need to be doing this all
of the time it is feasible.
--
Jeffery