Subject: [Leica] Rapidwinder warning
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Fri Mar 2 22:02:25 2007

At 12:40 AM 3/3/2007, Mark Rabiner wrote:
 >I'm bringing mine and I'm not worried. I'm hoping to have mine adjusted. If
 >they manage to figure out how to pull the lever out I'm going to get
 >busted?
 >For what? That looks like a weapon I don't think so. Its a lever which
 >winds
 >your film.
 >I'm not worried.
 >This is a recurrent lug thread theme.
 >If anyone ever once ever gets busted for a Rapidwinder it would certainly
 >vindicate these recurrent lug threads but I don't think its ever going to
 >happen. I just don't think it will. Not even in 1984. Or 20001. If we ever
 >live that long. I think the Russians will fire their missiles at as long
 >before then.

Mark

Calm down and listen.  They cannot "bust"
you.  They simply will tell you to toss the
camera into the nearest trashcan if you want to
board the aircraft.  When you you tell them that
the offending base (and I do find the Rapidwinder
a useless base, though I do not regard it as
offensive) is removeable, they will then,
reasonably in their view, tell you to remove the
base and toss the Rapidwinder into the nearest
trashcan.  You really have no choice.  First, you
are dealing with Gummit Employees and we have had
this conversation enough times so that you know
my belief that only subnormal intelligence types
ever get Gummit jobs.  Second, if you object, you
get arrested.  Don't blame me:  I suspect that
your Congressman voted for this.  (My former and
present Congressman both voted for it, and both
know my objections:  my former Congressman keeps
running into me every time I'm in Roanoke and I
keep giving him hell about this absurdidty of a
Patriot Act and in demanding that he support the Fair Tax Proposal, HR 25.)

In other words, you won't be arrested for having
a camera with a Rapidwinder.  They will simply
tell you to throw it away.  If you object, then
you CAN be arrested, and can face up to five
years (working from memory) for resisting a Federal agent.

Truly, this is the Reichshauptministerium f?r
Heimhats Sicherheidsdeinst?  Himmler would have
loved to have had a title such as the "Secretary for Homeland Security".

The system is rotten and foul and ought to be
broken to shards.  Thank God that free speech still counts in the US.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Rapidwinder warning)