Subject: [Leica] IMG: My trek to Switzerland
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat Mar 3 02:22:01 2007

Actually, the trek is still ongoing--we have been here since
Wednesday afternoon and are driving home to the Netherlands tonight.
My wife and daughter are skiing, while I take pictures and play with
Lightroom. I must say that I am becoming seriously converted to this
tool. During the past couple of days (mostly early morning and late
evening) I have processed a couple of hundred images and saved them
as DNGs, TIFFs and the JPGs for the web. This whole workflow is MUCH
faster than the combination of Photo Mechanic or ACDSee and Photoshop
that I am used to. And it is also true for me what Wade says:  95% of
the images can be fully processed within Lightroom; I only had to
open 3 or 4 of them in Photoshop, and even that is easily done by
launching Photoshop from within Lightroom. I still have 19 days left
in my trial period, but I know already now that I will be buying this
tool.

OK, now for the images: they include the drive down through Germany,
images from the mountains, and images from yesterday's day trip to
Zurich, where I had a pleasant walk and lunch with one of our Swiss
LUGgers, Didier Ludwig. Switzerland is a wonderful place as always,
even though this year's weather is definitely not what it should be
at this time of the year. It is all here:
http://www.greatpix.eu/gallery/2535772

Comments and critique are appreciated as always.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
nathan@nathanfoto.com
http://www.greatpix.eu