Subject: [Leica] FS: M5 with Box; ER Case
From: john.o.newell at comcast.net (J. Newell)
Date: Sat Mar 3 05:08:38 2007

For sale: Leica M5 silver chrome, late 2-lug s/n 1354635 (1972), $1350 with
original correctly numbered Leitz box with styrofoam inserts.  I also have
for sale a black leather Leitz everready case, $50 with the camera or
separately $75.

Condition: Mechanical - no issues at all.  All shutter speeds work and the
slower speeds sound like they match my M6.  The meter generally agrees with
my M6 and with my Digisix.  (By "generally agree," I mean that all are
within 1/3 stop or so, but none of the three give exactly the same reading.)
 The camera has not been modified for 1.5v cells, but operates well on Wein
cells (one used cell in the camera and some spare zinc air batteries that
fit into the Wein ring included; the Wein ring allows use of zinc-air
hearing aid batteries that are available at Radio Shack and drug stores).
Viewfinder shows some light haze.

Cosmetic: Very, very clean but not "mint."  The top plate has some bright
rub marks: a couple on the top, one on the back, and a few on the right hand
(shutter release) end.  The right hand end of the top plate also has a few
very small pecks.  These are all minor and don't show very well in the
pictures that are available (see below).  The battery cover shows some
bright spots from use of a coin to open the cover.  There is no corrosion in
the battery chamber.  The baseplate has some bright marks along the front
edge and on the bottom but no tripod carnage.  The vulcanite is perfect,
with no repairs.  The box is in very good condition, as shown in the
picture.  The case is also in very good condition, having some rubs and
compression marks but all stitching tight and no cracks or heavy wear on the
leather.

Photos are available:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/newellj/sets/72157594552286019

Feedback from the big auction site is available on request.

Payment: USPS money order preferred; bank money order accepted.  Paypal may
be possible but please add 3.5% or whatever the going Paypal fee is now.

Questions? Please email me off-list at newellj at gee mail dot com.

Thanks
John Newell