Subject: [Leica] "Griptac" Installation Report on M3
From: john.o.newell at comcast.net (J. Newell)
Date: Mon Mar 5 09:16:11 2007

My 1955 M3, which I've owned for 35 years now (!), has been suffering from
Vulcanite flake-off.  I finally bit the bullet and determined that I'd
recover the body.  There are way too many choices out there...unless you
want something that really matches the Vulcanite.  I decided in the end to
try a new product from Cameraleather.com called "Griptac."  Short version:
I'm highly pleased.  Is it exactly like Vulcanite?  No, it's a bit too
shiney, and the texture is a bit too aggressive.  However, it's really
pretty close.  It went on easily, especially with the Purell wet application
trick, and the fit is great.  So, if you're thinking about recovering an M,
this is a good option.  I can post pics if there's any interest.
(Disclaimer: no connection with Cameraleather.com other than this purchase.)
Best
John Newell