Subject: [Leica] Rapidwinder warning
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sun Mar 4 16:47:28 2007

Sorry about that.  A slide is a metal or plastic or glass tube that fits
over a finger of your fretting hand in playing guitar (in my case the little
finger, or pinky finger).  It is used in playing blues guitar, where the
player runs the slide over the strings.  Players use all kinds, pill bottles
(a particular favorite of bluesmen), wine bottle necks, socket wrenches, Bic
lighters, even store-bought ones.

Robert Johnson was a blues composer and player.  You can read a little about
him on the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame site,
http://www.rockhall.com/inductee/robert-johnson.  They also did a pretty
good film on him, though I don't think it is commercially available.  If you
like Eric Clapton you will hear quite a few Robert Johnson tunes.

Ken