Subject: [Leica] M8 Firmware Update available.
From: heninger at adobe.com (Wade Heninger)
Date: Tue Mar 6 08:52:29 2007

Just copy it to a freshly formatted SD card, insert it into the camera and
start the camera.

It will ask if you want to upgrade.  Say Yes.  It does it, you turn the
camera on/off and you're done.

It was pretty painless.

In terms of improvements, I was hoping for white balance improvements.  Have
not seen much else...