Subject: [Leica] Re: [HUG] Mamiya 7 II for travel - spend my money (carefully)
From: dpfreedman at gmail.com (David Freedman)
Date: Wed Mar 7 13:40:34 2007

Eric;

I'm much more of a lurker than a participant in the LUG but I wanted to
uncloak long enough to offer some additional positive reinforcement
regarding the Mamiya 7.  I've had one (actually, two) since they first came
out and can tell you that the M7 is the *last* film camera I would part
with. I've had Hasselblads and currently have an extensive Rollei 6008i
system but my heart is with the Mamiya.  I'm sure you will be absolutely
dazzled by the results.  The 80mm is wonderful but, for me, the magic is in
the 43mm and 50mm lenses.  As for transportability, I carry two bodies, and
the 43mm, 50mm, 65mm, 150mm lenses (with hoods and finders), Gossen meter,
etc. comfortably in a Domke F6. If you're an Arca system user, Kirk makes a
wonderful Arca body plate for the Mamiya 7 (PZ-62) that, for me, has proven
indispensible.  Buy one (or two); you won't regret it!

Dave F.