Subject: [Leica] img: Pimp my ride
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Wed Mar 7 18:29:09 2007

2007-03-07-19:33:41 Brian Reid:
> >Doonesbury...... forget it, no-one understands Doonesbury.
>
> Up here no one understands Leunig.

Wow...  such broad globe-girdling knowledge Brian has.  Until now, I'd
never heard of "Leunig".  Tried to look him up, found a few strips and
rhymes.

H'mm.  Kinda cute, I guess, but... huh?

Certainly not approaching the league of Trudeau.

...of course my reaction is unsurprising, because society-referential
cartoons, especially if there's a political bent, tend to require one to
be soaked in the culture where they were bred.  And from my perspective,
Oz is plain odd.  They call chickens "choox", call whining Brits
"whingeing poms", think you should wear Bonds instead of Jockeys, have
animals just wandering around which look as if they were pieced together
from a science fiction animal-parts playset, and others which make
entirely impossible noises.

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] img: Pimp my ride)
Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) (OT was RE: [Leica] Pimp my ride)
Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] img: Pimp my ride)