Subject: [Leica] OT - PDQ Bach in Concert
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Thu Mar 8 00:55:42 2007

Thanks for bringing up Professor Schickele - just listened to Two Pianos
Are Better Than One and the Short Tempered Clavier - lovely stuff that
lay long forgotten in the rack next to Copland's "Vitebsk" (an acquired
taste and not often played). I never know whether to put PDQ in my
section for American music or humour, though it's certainly not out of
place next to  Gerard Hoffnung, Noel Coward, Flanders and Swann and the
Bonzo Dog Doodah Band :-)
Douglas