Subject: [Leica] Leica R pricing advice sought
From: squire at nonfictionphoto.com (Scott Squire-NonFiction)
Date: Fri Mar 9 00:05:44 2007

Hello, ya big LUG,

It's been a while since I posted much around here. I've lurked off
and on always, and always with affection and bemusement.

Old timers may remember me as the fellow whom the LUG (at Kyle
Cassidy's prompting) helped send to Romania back in 2002, to complete
a long-term photodocumentary project on homeless young people there.
You can have a look at what I've been up to by clicking over to
http://www.nonfictionphoto.com (even though it's a bit out of date,
sadly).

WELL... I'm back with another (lesser) favor to ask.

I am about to start production on a feature length documentary film
on homelessness (in Seattle, this time), and I have to make some
equipment purchases, and more importantly, buy some time away from
shooting weddings and corporate gigs.

I have a big pile of Leica R equipment that I will be liquidating,
including an R9/DMR and a handful of very desirable lenses. I can
find comps (ebay, KEH, Mr. Colwell's wonderful database) on many of
the items, but there are a few which I cannot find being sold. I want
to offer all this gear to the LUG, fredmiranda.com and photo.net
communities at very fair prices.

My goal will be to sell everything very quickly, but I'd prefer not
to become a legend for once-in-a-lifetime, stupid-cheap prices. So
I'm looking for prices at the low end of fair, in other words.

I respect these communities a great deal, and don't want to ruffle
any important feathers. If you are willing to offer candid advice
about pricing, I'd be very grateful for your input via email. I will
forward you a list of the items I will be offering, and a link to a
page with detailed pictures of everything.

I have seen people asking for pricing help get chided for trying to
generate buzz about a sale, or for trying to make an end-run at an
auction kind of deal. I'm not doing that. I just want to survey a
handful of knowledgeable folks (of which there are plenty around
here) in order to come up with sensible pricing.

When I have pricing sussed out, the items will be offered for sale
here and on the other sites mentioned.

If this post is out of line here, please let me know and I will
remove it.

Kindly reply by email, to squire at nonfictionmedia dot com. Thank
you very much for your time!

Scott Squire

NonFiction Media

http://www.nonfictionmedia.com