Subject: [Leica] Tri-Elmar Question
From: bjq1 at mac.com (Barney Quinn)
Date: Fri Mar 9 14:00:20 2007

I was lucky enough to get a good deal on a mint series I  28-35-50
Tri-Elmar.  Sometimes it is a bit dodgey about bringing up the 50 mm frame
lines meaning that you see a jumble of thin framelines in the viewfinder
until you tap the lever whiich switches the bringhlines in and out.  I
gather ftom the web that this is a known issue with this lens. I talked to
Sherry. She says don't even think about fixing it, live with it.

Has anyone else had experience with this issue? Is a lens in this condition
stable or will it get worse? Keep it or return it. One school says anything
you buy should be perfect, and even an inexpensive Leica lens ain't cheap.
Another school of thought says that having to tap the frame line lever every
once and so often is a small price to pay for a good deal on a good lens.

Any comments?

Barney
Barney Quinn, WK3Z
H: (301) 654-0938