Subject: [Leica] how to block users
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri Mar 9 16:58:51 2007

This is a problem you need to raise with your network administrator
since he's almost certainly violating the college's usage policy and,
frankly, its a kind of harassment. You're college system admin can set
up the e-mail server to delete files of a specific type from a
specific user - or black-list that user so he cannot send into the
system at all. That way the offending, and possibly illegal, mail
never makes it to your system.

To protect yourself you should use a secure delete that over-writes
the pornographic material since some of it might be child-related and
you DO NOT want someone poking around and finding that. Simply
deleting a file or attachment still leaves bits and pieces of it on
your computer's hard drive and those can be searched with forensic
software. If he is attempting to get you in trouble then he can
succeed by sending you porn that you don't see, and then "erase"
leaving the remains lurking on your drive. He then alerts the
authorities and they take over your computer and find files you didn't
know were there.

On the Mac there are secure ways to delete a file and I'm certain
there are tools to do the same with Windows as well.

Professional advice from the college would be in order least you fall
afoul of someone in law enforcement  wanting to make a name for
themselves.

Adam Bridge