Subject: [Leica] RE: why users love it
From: jbraun at msn.com (J. Braun)
Date: Sat Mar 10 05:29:57 2007

With the little time I have between my day job and home maintenance, I am
trying to learn Capture NX, Photoshop Elements and
Lightroom.  As part of this project, I noted Nikon claims Capture renders
better RAW conversion than other programs.  Dr. Odell
author of "The Photographer's Guide to Capture NX" and Michael Clark
(http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/2007/03/05/lightroom-vs-aperture.html)
support this claim.
I bring up this point to add the consideration of conversion software when
comparing digital camera output.  Hardware and software
are confounding factors that are not easily reconciled.
JTB

Replies: Reply from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Re: software overload (WAS: why users love it))