Subject: [Leica] Re: Luis' pictures
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sat Mar 10 11:38:56 2007

From: Lawrence Zeitlin <lrzeitlin@optonline.net>
Date: March 10, 2007 10:14:17 AM EST
To: lug@leica-users.org, lug-request@leica-users.org
Subject: Re: Luis' pictures

If this message came through twice, please forgive me. An Internet
glitch.

I know that I'm supposed to be seeing some differences in quality and
rendering, and possibly bokeh, with the Summitar and Summicron lenses
used by Luis to take these pictures, but on my laptop screen the
image quality is almost identical. The pictures are all good - but
hardly show any differences that can be ascribed to lenses. With the
exception of the 21 mm Elmarit lens, all could be taken with a normal
lens on almost any quality 35mm camera, even my Rollei 35. The
composition and human interest aspects of Luis' photography are up to
their usual excellent standard but viewing the pictures on a 12"
screen leads me to wonder if Leica glass is really worth the bother
for Internet presentation. Or is it my eyes and judgment?

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Re: Luis' pictures)