Subject: [Leica] With the Rollei 35S
From: ISILVERMN at aol.com (ISILVERMN@aol.com)
Date: Sat Mar 10 15:02:39 2007

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 22:44:26 +0100, Luis Ripoll" _luisripoll@telefonica.net_
(mailto:luisripoll@telefonica.net)   wrote,
"I've never tried a  CL, it's bigger than a Rollei 35S but ..."

Hi Luis,

I enjoyed the bookshop pictures, they make me want to visit it.;-).

I have both a Rollei 35 and the Leica CL.  Both take fine pictures  within
their respective limits, but the Rollei is far more robust.  A  brick, if
you
will.

I've had mine since 1973.  It's almost always been in my pocket, has  fallen
a few times, looks dented and worn, never been serviced, and still takes  a
fine picture.  The only things I ever replaced were a lens cap (cracked)
and
soft case (worn out).

I've had the CL for four years.   It had a CLA a year before I  bought it,
needed another CLA and major shutter service a year ago, and just  recently
after a small knock, the meter gave up the ghost. I'm not planning on
repairing
it, instead I'll carry a Gossen Digisix with me when I use it.   But it's
clearly not up to the usual Rollei or Leica quality.  More Minolta  than
Leica.
Although my 30 year old SRT appears to be built  stronger.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Best regards,

Ira Silverman,
Irvine, CA