Subject: [Leica] Sold a Print for Charity
From: snasta at microassist.net (Sanjay Nasta)
Date: Sun Mar 11 20:47:34 2007

I am jazzed.  Friday night, my brother organized an event called Austin
Under 40  for charity that raised close to $25,000 to send underprivileged
kids to camp. (Interesting sidenote the camps are called Sunshine Camps
because they were founded when we thought sunshine cured tuberculosis).  At
any rate, a good friend won Austinite of the year.  Furthermore, I had
donated a print
(http://aroundaustin.typepad.com/photos/austin/austindowntowndusk_2618_medium.html)
 to the silent auction and the bidding was hot and heavy and it sold for
$400.  My mother proudly points out her Indian cooking class went for more.
I've decided to donate prints to local charities since my day job keeps me
too occupied to sell any and heck makes me a good enough living that I can
afford a Leica every now and then.

MicroAssist, Inc.
3420 Executive Center Drive, Suite G100 Austin, TX 78731
http://www.microassist.net
Phone: (512) 794-8440
Fax: (512) 794-8742

Replies: Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Sold a Print for Charity)