Subject: [Leica] Re: Didier's dog (Wales)
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon Mar 12 06:42:35 2007

On Mar 12, 2007, at 1:11 AM, Mark wrote:

> Hey Larry Z I didn't know you're from Wales are you related to
> Catherine
> Zeta-Jones?

No Mark,

I'm not one of those leek eating, daffodil wearing, rugby playing,
slate mining, sheep farming Welsh. My grandparents emigrated to the
US from the balmy steppes of Russia about 1900. Think "Fiddler on the
Roof." But I did occupy the Unilever Chair at the University of Wales
- Bangor for a number of years and lived in Menai Bridge on the
island of Anglesey. My livingroom window framed a beautiful view of
the Snowdonia mountains over the Menai Strait. The area is almost
like Gee Bee pictures it except that it has more hills and a few palm
trees along the shoreline.

Catherine Zeta-Jones was my secret mistress. Don't tell my wife.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] WAS: Didier's dog NOW.... (Wales))