Subject: [Leica] M8 UV/IR Filters
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Mar 12 18:31:30 2007

Leica is in the unenviable position of being heavily back ordered on almost
everything.  I had a chat with them at PMA: they were very happy about the
response to the new products but very upset that so much was not available
for weeks.  On the other hand, the folks over at the Zeiss booth were pretty
upbeat and will begin shipping the 21 F4.5 Biogon and the 18mm Distagon
around May.

The hotfilters are somewhat of a problem, but different folks have them at
different times so perhaps spend a little money and get one or two key
filters for the lens(s) that your use most.