Subject: [Leica] 6 bit coding for m8 lenses; Sharpie?
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Mar 13 14:20:33 2007

At 06:05 PM 3/13/2007, you wrote:
>Answers, please and thank you. "KISS!" don't forget I'm a
>photojournalist! Not a techie person. Therefore please keep your
>answers very simple. Thanks again.
>
>ted

Ted,   I sent my Noctilux off to be coded because my M8 was going to
Germany on vacation anyway and I asked them to check the focus on the
M8 with the Noctilux and then code the Noctilux.  As far as I know,
it won't make any difference except when you view the photos in
Photoshop, or any other photo editing software, you will know what
lens was used at what aperture.  I know a lot of people think that is
vital information but, normally, I couldn't care less; however, in
these days of digital files everybody wants to know what lens you
used on what camera at what exposures!  That's no
exaggeration.  Several of my stock agencies require this
information.  As far as I'm concerned, they could just look at the
photo and determine if it meets their criteria but since they are
using photo editors who have exact parameters to meet and have never
looked at a whole photo and thought about its impact, that's what we
have to live with!!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/portfolio