Subject: [Leica] On the Road in Bali
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Wed Mar 14 00:01:45 2007

Hello Luggers,

We have just come back from two weeks in Bali. My wife Esther is
building a villa there in partnership with two others. The villa
construction is now 14 months behind schedule ? but that is another
story for another forum. I took my M8 with me along with 15mm Heliar,
21 ? 35 Konica, 40mm f1.4 Nokton SC, 50mm Summilux, 90mm Summicron
Asph and old 135 Elmar. My regular wide angle Leica lenses (21, 24,
35, and 3E) are visiting Solms to be coded. I also took a Canon G7 as
back up but didn?t shoot a single frame with it. All the pictures are
taken with the M8 in DNG and developed in Silky Pix.

You may recall that from my recent visit to India I am quite
fascinated with motor cycle transportation and the various ways in
which people use it. The M8 proved a good camera for shooting
cyclists in Bali and here are a few shots together with commentary.
The commentary makes most sense if you start with the last picture
(which was the first loaded) and work backwards. Most pictures are
with the 50mm 'Lux, some with the 90 'Cron.  People and other shots
will follow another day. Comments welcome, of course.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Bali+Cycles/

http://tinyurl.com/2eexrv

Cheers
Howard.