Subject: [Leica] WAS. WTB Noctilux NOW own Noctilux! :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Mar 16 19:13:29 2007

Sue offered:

> Sue Ryan wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm pleased to announce I've just changed identity groups. I moved from
>> "those who wish they owned" a nocti to "those who own" one. Hopefully
>> I'll
>> not move into any of the other possible groups discussed at length here
>> on
>> the LUG! Thanks go to Felix for giving me a great looking lens and a nice
>> price. I'll be posting in the next week, for better or worse. (Please
>> don't
>> flame Felix for what you may be subjected to during the learning curve
>> phase....)<<<<<<<<

Hi Sue a few words of a  long time user.

Number one: Pay everybody including me no heed! But that's your call. :-)

Use the lens as though it's your complete life support to photography. Learn
the wonderful things it's capable of...... "shooting by almost complete
darkness! Let f. 1.0 be your mantra for several rolls, actually many rolls,
before you make a yea or nay decision like or not like.

It can become your every day lens for all kinds of situations or for
specific use, as in next to no light lens! Or lots of light lens! But this
is your choice not that of others! This is a lens to "learn by doing &
using."  Not by the crying whelps who've cast it aside for any number of
mamby pamby reasons of wimps!

Mine has been in constant use since roughly 1971-2 ? When first purchased
new. I would be lost without it near by ready for use. It's a lens to use at
any f-stop. However if one has it,  use it for what it's designed for.... f
1.0 and be there using it!

It allows you to take pictures where others fear to tread without a Twinkie
light. (flash)

Your now an owner....... so use it for what it was designed for... f. 1.0!
or close.

If you keep an open mind in it's use you'll not regret buying and using it!

ted

Message from glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer) ([Leica] Update: WTB Noctilux)