Subject: [Leica] Focus, Noctilux, M8, C Mode & Scotch
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Sat Mar 17 15:59:37 2007

You should put it on a tripod, use a fixed target and check it
properly. If there is still a problem, then the camera and the lens
will have to be sent off for careful matching.

It doesn't help that the M8 has a lower magnification finder. My
0.58x finder was never as crisp as my 0.72x. I never used my Noctilux
or long lenses on my 0.58x for that reason. I find the 1.25x eyepiece
magnifier on a low mag finder just makes the slight fuzziness larger
but not any sharper.

John Collier