Subject: [Leica] Response from Leica on the "SD Card Full" issue
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sun Mar 18 05:08:48 2007

I got this response from Leica regarding the card/M8 issue. [I've cleaned up
the spelling a bit]. It is quite a relief.
Good Evening,
The camera is not defective... The SD Cards are probably not compatible...
Are they Transcend or OCZ; did you check if they would work in the camera
before purchasing them... As you know they must be formatted in the
camera... Some try formatting on their PC or in another camera... That will
not work... They also could be a non-standard SDHC format... Many off brand
manufacturers do not adhere to SD Standards... Thanks... Jim

I'm relieved to see that the Transcend cards (I ordered eight of them
yesterday, four in SD format and four in CF format) are the ones to use.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com
http://400tx.blogspot.com/