Subject: [Leica] OT: Apple computer UPDATING
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue Mar 20 10:04:48 2007

At 10:41 AM -0700 3/20/07, e. nitka wrote:
>A cautionary tale - I updated from 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 and it was a
>disaster - couldn't open WORD, PHOTOSHOP and lost my printer.  The
>fault is mine as I didn't do all the prep work they advise - in the
>past I never did and the updates went flawlessly.  SO......Anyone
>out there contemplating updating should pay close attention to the
>pre and post updating protocols on the Apple web site.
>
>ernie

I always run a good directory maintenance/repair utility such as
Diskwarrior, and then a good clean-up script like applejack before
major upgrades. I also try to have a fully up to date image backup of
my main drive on hand. If your basic disk structure has a couple of
little problems, they readily turn into major things when you do a
big upgrade.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design