Subject: [Leica] probably your worse case nightmare! :-(
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Mar 20 16:22:09 2007

At 06:41 PM 3/20/2007, you wrote:
>Nobody died... I was close!:-(  But all, well most of it, will rise
>again complete with an incredible lesson learned! BACK-UP EVERY
>MOMENT! No haranguing please, I've had all I can take at the moment!
>As she who must be obeyed has beat all of you to it and better. :-)
>Oh geeeeesh the woman hasn't helped one iota!:-) But what the hell I
>still love her. :-)
>
>ted

Ted -

There are all kinds of very effective recovery programs that you can
use to find files on a dead hard drive.  Some you can download and
use yourself - just put "disk recovery" in Google or ask anybody
who's had to do it.  I've used SanDisk's recovery for memory cards
and it works fabulously.  I know of others who have recovered whole
hard drives.  Sometimes you have to send the hard drive off to
somebody and pay them big bucks but they can usually recover
everything on the hard drive.  Don't give up!  It would certainly be
worth it to check into any kind of recovery software or service.

But you are right.  Next time - back-up, back-up, back-up.  I have
three copies of everything.  Storage is getting cheaper and cheaper.

Hope you recover everything!!!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com