Subject: [Leica] m8 bag? why -- the m classic bag
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Mar 25 09:57:16 2007

On 3/25/07 11:30 AM, "Kyle Cassidy" <kcassidy@asc.upenn.edu> typed:

> A few years ago, out of the blue, a package arrived at my door. It was an
> M-Classic bag with a note from the manufacturer saying "we'd like to send
> you
> this bag and hope you enjoy it." I was feeling very internet-celebrity at
> the
> time and I mention it now for full disclosure -- so take my review for what
> it's worth.
>
> http://www.mclassics.com/
>
> I've found it to be a marvelous Leica rangefinder bag. One interior pocket
> with a sort of cloth "cup" hanging to one side that fits your m and keeps
> it
> handy and always in the same place. the Interior compartment also has a
> canvass tongue that runs from left to right that you're supposed to use to
> make some sort of "S" shape i guess and keep yoru lenses from banging into
> one
> another, it usually gets crushed down to the bottom of the bag with things
> piled on top of it because I'm not terribly meticulous about the care of my
> cameras. If they bang together, i figure thats why they're made of metal.
> Anyway. It has three exterior pockets which close very nicely with leather
> buckles. it also has a wide exterior pocket that will hold a magazine or
> your
> itiniary. of all the bags i have this is the only one that people stop me
> on
> the street and say "hey! nice bag!". It fits my 15 inch titanium powerbook
> just barely but probably wouldn't do so with a camera in it. It'll fit a
> DSLR,
> but you need to take the lens off first and cap the body. As an M bag, i
> think
> it's hard to beat.

That's one of my favorite meters i've ever used a Gossen Luna pro f.
The most intuitive one I've ever used.

This bag is very close the the same dimensions as a Domke 803 I now use.

Right now mine has a Nikon d200 in it with a 45mm 2.8 in it. A pancake.
Its a lens cap which takes pictures.
In this case its a 67.5mm people lens. I wish mine was black not silver.

But a problem again is it looks just a tiny bit like it might have a laptop
in there. Which is the hottest item for snatchers. At least that was in
their latest brochure which came out of their meeting in Los Vegas.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY

markrabiner.com