Subject: [Leica] m8 bag? why -- the m classic bag
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Sun Mar 25 07:30:54 2007

A few years ago, out of the blue, a package arrived at my door. It was an
M-Classic bag with a note from the manufacturer saying "we'd like to send
you this bag and hope you enjoy it." I was feeling very internet-celebrity
at the time and I mention it now for full disclosure -- so take my review
for what it's worth.

http://www.mclassics.com/

I've found it to be a marvelous Leica rangefinder bag. One interior pocket
with a sort of cloth "cup" hanging to one side that fits your m and keeps it
handy and always in the same place. the Interior compartment also has a
canvass tongue that runs from left to right that you're supposed to use to
make some sort of "S" shape i guess and keep yoru lenses from banging into
one another, it usually gets crushed down to the bottom of the bag with
things piled on top of it because I'm not terribly meticulous about the care
of my cameras. If they bang together, i figure thats why they're made of
metal. Anyway. It has three exterior pockets which close very nicely with
leather buckles. it also has a wide exterior pocket that will hold a
magazine or your itiniary. of all the bags i have this is the only one that
people stop me on the street and say "hey! nice bag!". It fits my 15 inch
titanium powerbook just barely but probably wouldn't do so with a camera in
it. It'll fit a DSLR, but you need to take the lens off first and cap the
body. As an M bag, i think it's hard to beat.

Replies: Reply from jeffmatsler at amaonline.com (Jeff Matsler) ([Leica] m8 bag? why -- the m classic bag)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] m8 bag? why -- the m classic bag)
Reply from michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] m8 bag? why -- the m classic bag)