Subject: [Leica] it's a freaking piece of STRING people
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Mar 26 21:41:38 2007

Kyle Cassidy offered nicely! ;-)

>>>I can only imagine that some of you did NOT see my lecture st the ICP
>>>"leica straps: innovation and intention, 1936-2006" but holy smokes. your
>>>strap is nothing but a bit of string.  it's the least important bit of
>>>the equation. point the camera, take the picture. if you have a million
>>>dollar strap made out of angel feathers it's not going to improve your
>>>photography at all. press the button, press it lots: good things happen
>>>after that.

please, take some photos with your new expensive cameras. wrap some bread
ties around your strap and your nuts if necessary. just take pictures. this
isn't anything worth bothering so much about.<<<<<

Guys, guys, neck straps, neck straps, enough already! Do some pictures! ;-)

Well Kyle you know how it is around here sometimes, the nickle and dime
stuff generates the most press! :-( Or huge waste of air and screen time!

I wondered how long this was going to go on after doing basically a "DELETE
ALL"  for the past few days. Sure beat the heck out of reading them all!

I also have been around here long enough to know most folks will delete
this. ;-) Be my guest. :-)

But like Kyle said......>>" if you have a million dollar strap made out of
angel feathers it's not going to improve your photography at all. press the
button, press it lots: good things happen after that.<<<

Right on mon ami, right on! I thought I would count how many neck strap
disaster posts there were, but realized it was as stupid as all the neck
strap drivel!

Went out and shot some happy snaps. :-) Actually felt much better! ;-)

ted,