Subject: [Leica] it's a freaking piece of STRING people
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Mon Mar 26 19:27:25 2007

I can only imagine that some of you did NOT see my lecture st the ICP "leica
straps: innovation and intention, 1936-2006" but holy smokes. your strap is
nothing but a bit of string.  it's the least important bit of the equation.
point the camera, take the picture. if you have a million dollar strap made
out of angel feathers it's not going to improve your photography at all.
press the button, press it lots: good things happen after that.

please, take some photos with your new expensive cameras. wrap some bread
ties around your strap and your nuts if necessary. just take pictures. this
isn't anything worth bothering so much about.

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] it's a freaking piece of STRING people)
Reply from chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich) ([Leica] it's a freaking piece of STRING people)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] it's a freaking piece of STRING people)